Services We Offer
Women’s Health Physiotherapy
Joy is one of a few physiotherapists trained to do internal pelvic exams. She assists women with restoring pelvic control after birth and regaining fitness. Also managing pelvic pain, back pain, incontinence. Ante- and post natal rehabilitation.
We assist with loosening and removal of secretions from the chest in both ventilated and non-ventilated patients in the ICU, highcare and wards at NetcareN1 City hospital
Stroke and head injury rehabilitation
Cardio-Pulmonary Rehabilitation Physiotherapy:
A branch of physiotherapy where patients with chronic lung conditions and after cardiac operations are assisted to return to optimal function
Helping joints move and muscles stronger after knee/hip replacement and ligament reconstruction with passive movement, exercises and assisted walking.
We assist patients before and after gastric bypass operation or patients with weight issues to return to fitness and loose weight.
Geriatrics and Home care :
We do home visits for the elderly and newly diagnosed patients
Spinal mobilization and manipulation
Spinal manipulation, also called spinal manipulative therapy or manual therapy, combines moving and jolting joints, massage, exercise, and physical therapy. It’s designed to relieve pressure on joints, reduce inflammation, and improve nerve function. It’s often used to treat back, neck, shoulder, and headache pain.
Acupuncture needles inserted in body for relief of pain in trigger points
Sport injury assessment
Equipment We Use/Supply
- Lymphastim: A specialised piece of equipment that few practices have. Used for various conditions including lymphoedema, post-liposuction care, cellulite reduction and detoxification.
- Ice packs: For icing and relieving sore muscles and reduce swelling.
- Laser: For healing of tissue/wounds (e.g. cracked nipples), inflammation, trigger-point relief.
- Baby Vac: A safe device for use on babies for clearing secretions and blocked airways.
- K-tape: Strapping used to support joints and muscles.
- Tens Machine: For pain relief and to stimulate strained/weak muscles.
- Ultrasound: For healing of tissue (eg. engorged breasts), reduction of swelling and inflammation, pain relief.
- Breathing Apparatus: Various devices designed to improve breathing by clearing secretions and increasing the volume and capacity of the lungs.
- Bean bags: For warming, relaxing and soothing painful areas.